Friday, October 11, 2019

SOLD!

Copyright © Edward Riojas

Most of the pieces I create have been commissioned and, for that reason, are out the door as soon as they are completed. Most of them.

I don’t understand those artists who have a hard time parting with their work. Perhaps it’s because I work hard at what I do and look forward to finishing a piece. Maybe the time invested working on a project eventually wears on me. It might be that my mind is already toying with the next project. At any rate, I’m always more than happy to say “Sayonara” when all is said and done.

Not everything I create, however, is commissioned. To keep my sanity, I sometimes create pieces on my own initiative. I’ve been blessed with a mind active enough to keep my hands busy for eons. Ideas for interpretations of Holy Scripture are always rattling around in my noggin. I often visualize the image, the color palette, and significant details, but then have to store those visions away in a fold of gray matter until I have time. I also indulge the more fantastical part of my brain, if only for fun. Those images also get mentally filed away.

Occasionally these seemingly-random ideas come to fruition. ArtPrize has a knack for making that happen, but we shouldn’t blame ArtPrize for everything – sometimes I make it happen on my own. Sometimes I squeeze in one of those projects, even when my schedule shouldn’t allow it – which is pretty much all the time.

Until recently, I've sold only one of my many entries into ArtPrize – “Owashtanong.” Most everything else is still on the walls or stacked in some room of my house or languishing in the loft of my barn. That will soon change when a second ArtPrize piece, “Ecce Homo,” travels to a new home.

Of course, I would love to sell more pieces. Not all of them need end up in a church or private home. One or two of my pieces would – pardon the pun – look fantastic in a beer hall or perhaps in a children’s hospital.

If any of my readers have spare change – lot’s of spare change – in their pockets, below are some available originals for consideration. Even though I had a wonderful time working on each of them and still value their artistic merit, I would also love to tell them “Syonara.”


"Parables of the Vineyard." Oil on wood. 46.5" x 31.5", framed. $10,000.


"Under Slottet Bron." Oil on wood, with carved wooden frame. Approx. 8 feet x 13 feet. $20,000.


"Martin Luther." Oil on wood. 18" x 24", framed. $2,500.


"Katarina von Bora Luther. Oil on wood. 18" x 24", framed. $2,500.


"Förtrollade Skogen." Oil on wood. 11 feet x 4 feet, framed. $10,000. 


"O That My Words Were Written." Oil on wood. 37" x 70", framed. $10,000.


"Fridur." Oil on wood. 12 feet x 52", unframed. $10,000.


" 'St. Michael Contending.' " Oil on wood. 28.5" x 40.5", framed. $10,000.


"Archangel Gabriel." Ink on paper. 18" x 28", framed. $3,000.


"Archangel Michael." Oil on wood. 34" x 49", framed. $5,000.


"Precious in the Sight of the Lord." Oil on wood. 30" x 24", framed. $5,000.


"Ambrei as Potamiaena." Oil on wood. 48" x 84", unframed (without black frame shown). $10,000.


"Adoremus." Oil on wood. 57" x 88", framed. $10,000.



No comments:

Post a Comment